Details of how to contact us if you have any questions about privacy or data protection can be found below in the Contact Details section.
We must have a lawful basis to process your personal data, and this policy explains what our lawful basis is in respect of each purpose for which we keep and use information about you. Generally, we are allowed to process your personal data where it is necessary in connection with a contract between us (such as a contract to supply our products or services), where it is necessary in order for us to comply with our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate interest to do so (but we will always consider whether your right to privacy overrides our interest).
Please note that links from our website may take you to external websites which are not covered by this policy. We recommend that you check their privacy policies before submitting any personal information to such sites. We will not be responsible for the content, function or information collection policies of these external websites.
What information do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
You are not required (by law or by any contract with us) to provide personal information to us via this website. We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service at your request.
Information you provide to us
We collect personal information about our members when you create an account on our online membership system to become a member of our club.
We may receive personal information about you whenever you contact us. For example, by doing the following:
- Enquiring about our products, services competitions or events
- Entering our event and competitions through online entries
- Signing up for our newsletters and further information or registering
- Telephoning, texting, writing by post or emailing us
- Enquiring about, or applying for, job vacancies or volunteering opportunities
- Registering for an account through Harrow Swim app.
This information may include the following:
- Normal identification information, such as your full name, date of birth, age, gender
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number
- Additional information relevant to your use of our site and services, such as your marketing preferences, survey responses and feedback
- records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- records of your attendance at any events or competitions hosted by us;
- images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings. Our competitions and events may be filmed for live streaming purposes;
- Payment information (this is securely collected and processed by our payment provider)
- In respect of job applications, your CV including details of your education and employment history (and any other information which you may choose to provide to us with your CV)
Information we collect about you on our website
We collect information using cookies and other similar technologies to help distinguish you from other users of our website. These can streamline your online experience by saving you from re-inputting some information and also allow us to make improvements to our website.
When you visit our website we may collect the following information:
- Which pages you view and which links you follow
- Your IP address and general location
- Details of the hardware and software that you are using to access the site
- Any passwords that you use on our website
- If you choose to log in using a third party, we will record your login provider
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, toolkits, weblogs and other communication data
We do not knowingly process Personal Data of anyone under 13 years old, if we become aware that a data subject is under 13 years old we will only process their data with the valid