Swimming pool water can inactivate the Covid-19 virus in only 30 seconds under the right conditions, reveals a study by virologists at Imperial College London…
Learn to Swim enrollment for Spring Term April 2021 is now open on a first-come, first-served basis.
Learn to Swim Term Info
At The Borough of Harrow Swimming Club, the health and safety of both your children and our staff are paramount. In line with Government guidelines, we have put in place stringent measures to ensure your children can enjoy swimming lessons with us in a safe environment.
We will do our best to keep your child at the same time and day but this might not be possible due to the smaller class sizes we have to implement to adhere to Swim England Covid-19 rules and regulation. We will inform you as soon as we receive your booking if we have to move your child to an alternative class. We will refund your payment If you’re not happy with the choice of alternative class.
Children’s learn to swim lessons have been divided into days i.e. Monday, Wednesday 7.15 pm and 7.50 pm and Saturday 8.00 am, 8.40 am, 9.15 am or Sunday 8.45 am (Sundays are for older children who are stage 8 and above).
We would draw your attention to our Code of Conduct and Financial Policies which can be found on the club website. This details our expectations for you as swimmers and parents.
For current members: to enrol, please log in to your club organiser account at
Scroll down the page to account payment and follow the link to pay and secure your place.
If you have lost your account login detail, email firstname.lastname@example.org for replacement.
If you are a new member or have not swum with the club during September-December 2020, please email me on email@example.com in the first instance stating your name, date of birth, at what level you can swim and the day and time of your preferred choice for swimming lessons.
TERM DATES FOR SPRING TERM 2021
MONDAY 12TH APRIL – MONDAY 02ND JULY 2021
WEDNESDAY 14TH APRIL – WEDNESDAY 28 TH JULY 2021
SATURDAY 17TH APRIL– SATURDAY 31ST JULY 2021
SUNDAY 18TH APRIL – SUNDAY 01ST AUGUST 2021
SPRING TERM FEES
Stage 1-7 lesson duration is 30 minutes.
Stage 1-7 Saturday Classes £144.00 for 15 weeks term.
Stage 1-7 Wednesday Classes £144.00 for 16 weeks term.
Stage 1-7 Monday Classes £135.00 for 15 weeks term.( No teaching on Mon BH)
Sunday Stage 8: £176 for 16 weeks term. Lesson duration is 60 minutes.
- In line with social distancing requirements, we have reduced class numbers to ensure that it is not too busy.
- We have introduced a one-way system and clear signage will be in place to indicate entry/exit to the pool.
- Social distancing must be observed on poolside, in observation areas and throughout change-over of lessons.
- We ask that children attend lessons ‘pool ready’ with their swimwear already on. After the lesson, we request that parents do not congregate on poolside and that you exit via the changing facilities as quickly as possible.
- We ask that shower your child(ren) at home.
- We will ensure that when parents arrive, we adhere to the government guidelines on social distancing. We request that just one parent attends site.
- Lessons will be structured so activities can be completed whilst social distancing is maintained.
- Due to Covid19 social distancing rules, we will not be able to run any duckling classes this term.
If your child(ren) or anyone in your household begins to show any of the following symptoms, please do not attend your swimming lesson.
- High temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to their sense of smell or taste.
- Any other Covid 19 symptoms.
The Borough of Harrow Swimming Club was formed in 1976, is now one of London’s leading competitive swimming clubs and affiliated to Swim England the national governing body of swimming in England. We offer high-level coaching for competitive and aspirational swimmers in the area, providing a pathway from local swimming lesson programmes, right through to County, Regional and National level competition. Our aim is to provide all of our swimmers the opportunity to unlock their full potential. We are a very open club with about 500 learn to swim and competitive swimming members aged from 4 to 60+.The club is mainly run by volunteers and is based at Harrow Leisure Centre.
Following the Government’s announcement last night, we’re excited and hopeful to restart pool training from Monday 12 April. We won’t know this for definite, until the…
Borough of Harrow Swimming Club
Swimming pool water inactivates Covid-19 virus in 30 seconds, according to new study – Harrow... Read More
USE THIS search TO GO SHOPPING AT AMAZON AND THE CLUB WILL EARN BETWEEN 2-12% ON NEARLY ALL PURCHASES.