Learn to Swim school
CURRENT TERM INFO
Enrolment for Autumn Term September 2020 is now open on first come, first serve basis.
At The Borough of Harrow Swimming Club, the health and safety of both your children and our staff is paramount. In line with Government guidelines, we have put in place stringent measures to ensure your children can enjoy swimming lessons with us in a safe environment.
If you are a current member and has paid for the Summer term in March 2020, your payment will be credited against the Autumn term’s fees.
We will do our best to keep your child at the same time and day but this might not be possible due to the smaller class sizes we have to implement to adhere to Swim England Covid-19 rules and regulation. We will inform you as soon as we receive your booking if we have to move your child to a an alternative class. We will refund your payment If you’re not happy with the choice of alternative class.
Intermediate and Advanced adult lessons take place in the main pool on Monday evenings at 8.30-9.30 pm.
Beginners Adults lessons take place in the teaching pool on Monday evening 8.30-9.30 pm.
Ladies only lessons take place in the teaching pool on Wednesday evening 8.30-9.30 pm.
Places for adults are allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and there is no priority booking. This classes will go ahead subject to a minimum of 5 adults enrolling for each class.
Children’s learn to swim lessons have been divided into days i.e. Monday, Wednesday 7.15 pm and 7.55 pm and Saturday 8.00 am, 8.40 am, 9.10 am or Sunday 8.00 am (Sundays are for older children who are stage 8 and above).
We would draw your attention to our Code of Conduct and Financial Policies which can be found on the club website. This details our expectations for you as swimmers and parents.
For current members: to enrol, please log in to your club organiser account at
Scroll down the page to account payment and follow the link to pay and secure your place
If you have lost your account login detail, email firstname.lastname@example.org for replacement.
If you are a new member or have not swum with the club before, please email me on email@example.com in the first instance stating your name, date of birth, at what level you can swim and the day and time of your preferred choice for swimming lessons.
TERM DATES FOR AUTUMN TERM 2020
SATURDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER – SATURDAY 12TH DECEMBER 2020
SUNDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER – SUNDAY 13TH DECEMBER 2020
MONDAY 7TH SEPTEMBER – MONDAY 14TH DECEMBER 2020
WEDNESDAY 9TH SEPTEMBER – WEDNESDAY 16TH DECEMBER 2020
Summer Term Fees
Stage 1-7 Saturday & Wednesday Classes £127.50 for 15 weeks term . Lesson duration is 30 minutes.
Stage 8: £150 for 15 weeks term. Lesson duration is 60 minutes.
Adults: £180 for 15 weeks term. Lesson duration 60 minutes.
- In line with social distancing requirements, we have reduced class numbers to ensure that it is not too busy.
- We have introduced a one-way system and clear signage will be in place to indicate entry/exit to the pool.
- Social distancing must be observed on poolside, in observation areas and throughout change-over of lessons.
- We ask that children attend lessons ‘pool ready’ with their swimwear already on. After the lesson, we request that parents do not congregate on poolside and that you exit via the changing facilities as quickly as possible.
- We ask that shower your child(ren) at home.
- We will ensure that when parents arrive, we adhere to the government guidelines on social distancing. We request that just one parent attends site.
- For stages 2 to 8, teachers will teach from poolside. Our risk assessment has determined that it is safer and more productive for a teacher to be in the water for our stage 1 classes.
- In-water teachers will teach from a ‘side on’ stance so they are not directly facing the children. Alternatively, woggles will be used to maintain social distancing.
- Lessons will be structured so activities can be completed whilst social distancing is maintained.
- Due to Covid19 social distancing rules, we will not be able to run any duckling classes this term.
If your child(ren) or anyone in your household begin to show any of the following symptoms, please do not attend your swimming lesson.
- High temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss or change to their sense of smell or taste.
- Any other Covid 19 symptoms.
Before the start of the term, parents will be asked to declare that both they and their child(ren) have not been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19 and if they have, that they have self-isolated for 14 days.
All staff will need to complete a health declaration confirming that they have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.