The Borough of Harrow Swimming Club based in Harrow, Middlesex is looking for an Age Group Coach, adding to the strength and depth of our existing team.
The Age Group Coach (AGC) will be a full-time coach responsible for writing and implementing annual and daily session plans. They will also attend the Age Group squad competitions, as directed by the Head Coach as well as Club, County, Regional and National Competitions as required.
The Age Group coach will work closely with the clubs development coaches to strengthen pathways from novice through to Age Group swimming. They will also be required to coach sessions at the development end of the club as well as supporting/mentoring the club “learn to swim” team.
The AGC holds a supportive role in the ongoing development of the Club’s performance coaching programme and will assist the Head Coach with the Performance Age and Youth Squads.
The AGC will report to the Head Coach to develop the club’s competitive and training swimming programme, and to introduce greater stability and resilience to broader swimming coaching across the club. They must demonstrate the ability to communicate with parents and coaches on a daily basis and fulfil all required administration duties on time.
Reporting line: The Head Coach.
Remuneration: negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- To implement the Club’s swimming programme working with the HC and other coaching staff
- To support the HC in supporting and mentoring the coaching team and guiding all support staff towards the vision of the club and goals of the competitive programme.
- To ensure, that you are at the forefront of professional coaching standards and are in a position to embrace the latest technology and evidence-based innovation and research.
- Attend competitions and open meets to support club swimmers as directed by the HC.
- The AGC will be expected to provide regular and appropriate information and reporting to the HC on a regular basis.
Qualifications and requirements:
- UKCC Swimming Coach Level 2
- DBS clearance.
- Be an effective communicator, within the club and the community, and comfortable talking with parents, swimmers, fellow coaches and other key people and organisations.
- The ability to build and maintain an effective working relationship with the HC, Operation Manager and other coaching staff, swimmers and their parents.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- A great attitude and flexible ‘can do’ approach to your work which may include additional hours to ensure the job is done to the best of your ability.
- Effective time management, planning and organisation.
This job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended to provide the framework within which the role of AGC will be developed and may be subject to adjustment in light of the changing needs of the club.
- Closing date for application will be7th July 2019.Applications must be made by submitting the following to Suzette Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter.
- A comprehensive CV, including 2 referees.
Interviews with a shortlist of candidates are expected to be held during the week beginning 8th July 2019.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.