The Borough of Harrow Swimming Club
Head Coach Vacancy
The Borough of Harrow Swimming Club based in Harrow, Middlesex is looking for a new Head Coach, adding to the strength and depth of our existing team.
The successful candidate must have the knowledge, experience and personal drive to implement and deliver a daily training and competitive programme in a well-structured and coordinated manner.
Applicants must have a UKCC Level 3 Coaching Swimming qualification or equivalent.
The successful candidate will coach the senior squad but also coordinate and if necessary help and cover in the coaching at all levels of the club to ensure quality outcomes at all stages.
Proven experience of working with age group and youth swimmers at County, Regional and National levels, and the ability to inspire and develop swimmers is a pre-requisite for this position. A sound technical knowledge of competitive swimming is essential. The successful candidate must also possess excellent communication skills.
- Hold a UKCC Level 3 Coaching qualification
- Have a current pool rescue certificate or lifeguard qualification
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of LTAD and swimming to an appropriate level
- Be skills-focused with the ability to apply and share technical knowledge
- Excellent time management, organisation, communication and administration skills
- Able to work with and encourage swimmers at all levels ensuring that all athletes are given the opportunity to maximise their potential
- Able to motivate, lead and work well with a team
- Demonstrate sensitivity and respect for the needs of all involved with the club
Remuneration: negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate training programmes for all squads in accordance with LTAD
- Commitment to attend CPD opportunities as appropriate and facilitate the development of the whole coaching team
- To have an up to date knowledge of all the technical rules of swimming and share this with all team coaches
- Follow all policies and codes as required by the club
- Follow the Swim England Child Protection policy and ensure it is promoted
- Attend meetings and/or submit reports as required by the management committee
- Liaise with the Operation Manager and coaching team to ensure progression and continuity
- Ensure all swimmers are involved in their own development and progress
- Develop a positive working partnership with swimmers and their parents
- Plan competition calendar
- Promote club internal meets and help with external meets.
- Attend specified galas and give positive feedback, encouragement and support to all
A DBS check and references will form part of the suitability for the role. A full driving licence is also essential.
Closing date for application will be 30th June 2019.
Applications must be made by submitting the following to Suzette Muhammad at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter.
- Comprehensive CV, including 2 referees.
- Personal statement addressing the essential criteria, and why you believe your skills, experience and values meet the requirements of the position.
Interviews with a shortlist of candidates are expected to be held during the week beginning 8th July 2019.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.